Crowe Building

Built in 1954, Crowe Building housed tobacco bulks, offices, a stock room, and a dust room. The concrete and steel structure was modified with large window areas and an atrium on the first and second floors.

Initial renovation began with modifications to existing floor slabs to allow for the installation of three elevators and two staircases. A prominent entry was created to access Crowe Building from either Blackwell Street or the courtyard area of the American Tobacco Campus.

A significant portion of the second floor was removed to allow the installation of a new intermediate level between the first and third floors, thus creating the access from Blackwell Street.

Grand staircases were constructed to provide access to the third floor and courtyard level of the building.

crowe 1

crowe 2