Strickland Building

The 1954 Strictland Building was originally used as a
re-drying plant and later functioned as the cigarette factory. It underwent 141,916 square feet of renovation work.

Initial work included modifications to the existing floor slabs to allow for the installation of four elevators and one stair tower.

Another major renovation was the installation of a new intermediate level between the first and third floors. This intermediate level allows access into Strickland Building from Blackwell Street. A significant portion of the second floor had to be removed to allow for the installation of the intermediate level. Support rods were hung from the third floor to support the new level.

The entire building is currently occupied by Duke University.

Strickland Building 1

Strickland Building 2